Last updated: June 12, 2019
LoriPelikan.com and Waggleview.com are websites (collectively, “the Lori Pelikan Sites” or “we” or “us”) that aim to promote a mindful healthy lifestyle by sharing thoughts on life, health, and mindfulness, including in particular discussions with pet owners on their relationships with their animals, as well as discussions about places, experiences, food, and nutritional supplements. The Lori Pelikan Sites respect your right to privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- Information that you give us
Some visitors to the Lori Pelikan Sites may choose to interact with the sites in ways that require them to provide us with personal information. The amount and type of information that you provide will depend on the nature of the interaction.
If you wish to:
- receive our e-newsletter
- receive information about our products or services, or discounts on other products or services
- ask a question or be contacted by us
- access our presentations, videos, publications, podcasts, or blog postings
- post your own public comment, where provided
- register for a webinar or event
then we may ask you to provide information tailored to facilitate these requests including your:
- name and email address, and website address where applicable
- postal address or geographic location
- telephone numbers
- description of question or comment or statement of need
This information may also be collected should you contact the Lori Pelikan Sites by email.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies do not collect or keep your name or personal information other than a numeric identifier. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites that you visit.
The Lori Pelikan Sites are built on the website platform provided by WordPress.com. For information about privacy and the use of tracking technologies and cookies on the WordPress platform, you may visit https://automattic.com/privacy-notice/.
For more information about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org, and for more information on interest-based ads, including information about how visitors may be able to opt out of having their web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit aboutads.info/choices (US based) and youronlinechoices.eu (EU based).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information:
- To communicate with you about our ideas, products, or services.
- To improve our products or services, including our websites.
- To maintain and administer our websites.
- To evaluate the quality of our products and services.
- To comply with our legal, regulatory, compliance or auditing obligations.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was collected.
HOW AND WHY WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The Lori Pelikan Sites will not disclose your personal information without your consent to do so, except:
- To carry out the purposes for which you have provided it to us
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights
- In the context of a sale, amalgamation, re-organization, transfer or financing of parts or some or all of the Lori Pelikan Sites
- For purposes of research and development where your personal information combined with all or some of the personal information of other users and such aggregated data no longer contains personal information
We use a third-party provider, Darter Mall, to provide for the sale and delivery of Waggleview.com products. When you access the “Shop” page on Waggleview.com, you are re-directed to the dartermall.com website where you may shop for and order Waggleview products. For information on how Darter Mall collects and protects the data that you provide on the dartermall.com website, please read http://www.darterspecialties.com.
We partner with a third-party provider, EHealthPro, to provide for the sale and delivery of supplements recommended on the Lori Pelikan Sites. When you access the “Supplements” page on LoriPelikan.com, you are re-directed to the ehealthpro.com website where you may shop for and order health supplement products. For information on how EHealthPro collects and protects the data that you provide on the ehealthpro.com website, please read https://www.designsforhealth.com/terms-of-service.
TRANSFERRING INFORMATION ABROAD
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The Lori Pelikan Sites are intended for users eighteen (18) or older. It is not in any way designed to attract children. If we discover that a person under the age of eighteen (18) has submitted personal information to our website, or that someone has inappropriately done so on their behalf, we will delete such information from our databases as soon as practicable and in accordance with applicable law.
TECHNICAL, PHYSICAL, AND ADMINISTRATIVE SECURITY
We have implemented commercially reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Methods of protection include: physical measures (e.g., locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices); organizational measures (e.g., security clearances and limiting access on a “need-to-know” basis); and technological measures (e.g., the use of complex passwords and encryption of data at rest and in transit).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- Access and Correction
You may at any time challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have it amended or corrected as appropriate. In any such case, we may request that you provide identifying information sufficient to verify your identity and ownership of the information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
- Receipt or transfer
You may at any time request to receive one copy of your personal information and to have your personal information transferred to a third-party. In any such case, we will, where technically feasible, provide it in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please note that this right of portability applies only in limited circumstances, such as: where we are processing personal data on the basis of your consent or pursuant to our contractual agreements with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You have the right to request that we permanently delete your personal information when:
- we no longer need your data for the purposes for which it was collected
- we have been processing the particular data based only on your consent, you withdraw your consent, and there is no other legal ground for us to continue processing
- you successfully object to the processing of certain data (see “Objection and Restriction” below)
- the data has been unlawfully processed, or
- erasure is required by law.
This right will not apply where continued processing of your personal information is necessary for:
- the exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information
- compliance with applicable law
- performance of a task carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in the Lori Pelikan Sites
- for reasons of public health
- certain types of archiving that is in the public interest, scientific or historical research or statistical purposes, or
- the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Although we may remove most personal information, such as contact information (address, phone number, etc.), we cannot remove certain records which we are bound to keep by law or by codes of conduct or other authority.
- Objection and Restriction
HOW DO I EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS AND OPTIONS?
If you wish to take any of the actions described above, please do so by contacting us as described below. We will attend to your request promptly and will respond within a reasonable time.