Happy First Birthday Louie!
Happy First Birthday, Louie!
Well the time has come that I am celebrating my dog’s birthday on April 26th. I still find it hard to believe that I have a dog. I find it harder to believe that I am celebrating his birthday. Actually, if I didn’t my kids would be upset. Oh how this lovely, cuddly, furry animal has changed me. It is fun to come home to a wagging tail of joy and complete devotion. I am sure we will also have to celebrate and reflect on the actual day he came home to us, June 14th. We will call it his namesake day, since it is when he walked through our door and into our hearts and became Louie!
In honor of his birthday, my daughter made him a pupcake. Try this pupcake recipe for your cute pooch.
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup peanut butter
1 large egg
¾ cup almond milk
3 Tablespoons oil
¼ cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; spray muffin tins.
- Mix all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix together peanut butter, egg, mild banana, agave nectar, and oil until well blended.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin filling ¾ full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes; until toothpick clean.
- Store one week in airtight container.
Of course, I had to taste one. They were pretty good!
Adapted from keyingredient.com/recipes/46736669/peanut-butter-banana-pupcakes/